Career Supporting Courses
|Career Supporting Courses||8||CP*|
|Method Courses (1 day=0.3 CP)||3||CP*|
|Teaching Assistance (1 day=0.3 CP)||2||CP*|
|Other Career Supporting Events (1 day=0.3 CP)||1||CP*|
Method Courses = 0.3 CP/ Day
Various method courses provide you with a deeper insight into methods and theories related to your thesis.
The method courses should be performed whenever it is required during the PhD. Courses do not have to be taken 10 days in a row, but can be split into smaller units of different courses.
The following types of method courses are allowed:
- courses offered by other working groups
- courses offered by other PhD students
- courses or workshops offered by an external organisation (e.g. EMBO, FELASA, VIBes)
- visits to other labs to establish or learn a new technique related to your PhD (max. 3 CP for each visit)
- supervision of a method course (1:1 methods courses or multiple participant courses) *
If you don't receive a certificate the participation in method courses must be documented with the method course attendance form and signed by the organiser.
* The course must be announced in the RIGeL Members Area. If the course has more than 4 participants and is officially announced in the RIGeL Members Area, you can earn credit points as a teaching assistant (1 day = 0.3 CP).
Teaching Assistance = 0.3 CP/ Day
Active supervision of student courses (basic courses, method courses with more than 4 participants, ”Schülerlabor”, ”Schulbesuch”, excursions) and the individual supervision of students in the lab.
The active supervision of at least one student course is required. This rule (February 2012) applies to all PhD students of RIGeL, regardless of when they began their PhD.
The Teaching Assistance must be documented with the teaching assistance form and signed by the PhD supervisor's signature.
Please have in mind that for the supervision of students in the lab exists the following calculation:
|Calculation of CPs for individual supervision of students in the lab:|
|Diplomathesis (9 month)||1||CP|
|Masterthesis (9 month)||1||CP|
|Doctoral thesis in Medicine||1||CP|
|Bachelorthesis (3 month)||0.5||CP|
|Zulassungsarbeit LA (alte LPO; 9 month)||1||CP|
|Zulassungsarbeit LA (neue LPO; 2 month)||0.5||CP|
|Practical (Bachelor, Master; 8 weeks)||0.4||CP|
|Practical (Bachelor, Master; 6 weeks)||0.3||CP|
|Practical (Bachelor, Master; 4 weeks)||0.2||CP|
|Practical (Bachelor, Master; 3 weeks)||0.15||CP|
Other Career Supporting Events = 0.3 CP/ Day
All kind of courses and events that improve key competencies and soft skills related to future job fields; active participation in one of the RIGeL organizing groups.
To submit other events for approval, apply to the RIGeL management.
If you don't receive a certificate the participation in other career supporting events must be documented with the course attendance form signed by the organiser.